CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chemistry? Applied Chemistry? Chemical Engineering?

Was doing my Applied chem homework..
Finally done..!
Never realize it's already 2:30am..
Wow..

Was drawing 2 flow diagram..
Basically it's about chemical processes..
How is it like in a chemical plant..
How you get your product formed after you feed in something..

Actually..
I find that I am very interested in Flow diagram..
But chemical processes is not so chemistry already..
too industrial and mechanical already..
no more theoretical stuff..

Should I go for Applied chem or just proceed with chemistry?
Or...
Even..
I should have stayed in M'sia and study Chem engin?
Had I made a right choice to come NUS and to study Chemistry?
Can anyone tell me?
nobody knows........

my flow diagram after 3 hours...

3 ice cubes:

Anonymous said...

The most important thing is study according to ur own interest.
N also, dun regret of the choices tat u hv made.
Believe urself, u can do it.
Still tat word, gambatte.

Unknown said...

Thanks..
I scare i juz i m interested merely bcos it's new to me..
aihz..
anyway i still hv time to think abt it lah..

Anonymous said...

Hello. I just happen to see this blog by chance. As an applied chem senior, I can say the applied chem program is good because it exposes you to both the industrial side (chem engin stuffs) and the research side (pure chem stuffs). Personally I find the 6-month industrial attachment very useful. Not only you can gain some working skills, you can also experience what the industry is about, and see whether you really want to pursue a career in the chemical industry. Even if you don't like your IA, it's better than having no working experience at all. (At least you know what the industry offers and you will choose your career more carefully.) Also, an industrial attachment will make your CV look better when you graduate.

Btw, applied chem has a lot of overlaps with pure chem and chem engin, so you will also learn a lot of theoretical stuffs. On top of the major modules, my friends & I take extra modules from pure chem, pharmacy, life sciences, material sciences, etc to satisfy our UE as well as prerequisites for higher level modules...

Of course, I won't force you to take applied chem. It's your personal choice. But since you said you're interested in flow diagram, then I should recommend applied chem. Haha. Btw I have a friend who set up an applied chem blog, and he includes many helpful info. The address is http://nusappliedchem.blogspot.com